Thoughts from the West Coast ...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well it's about damn time.

I can't believe that it's been two years, well actually more than that, that I last posted here. Holy macaroni as one of my colleagues would say (I can't believe I'm quoting her).

I just read the last post and yep, lots have happened in the interim this time around too.

Let's see ....

  • Separation agreement was finalized in July 2007 and the cheque was cut, so to speak. The last bit of that process was such an ordeal - hard to even think about it even now. So much animosity, I think it really ruined any shred of our relationship.
  • And I filed for divorce later that year -- why wait was my thinking -- that became final in February 2007. Have to say that felt REALLY good and quite empowering.
  • Things have worked out with G. Give him perseverance for hanging in there thru thick and thin with me. I still find it hard to trust completely and feel committed fully but I think I'm making progress. I find it scary how much I care about him -- but I do inspite of myself.
  • We've done some travelling together -- 3 weeks in Cambodia in Nov 2006, that was a great trip and fulfilled a long-held wish of mine. We also did short trips to Maui in April 2007 and Cancun in Jan 2008, as well as Calgary twice - for Stampede in July 2007 and again in Nov for G's dad's bday. Hope to go somewhere overseas this fall.
  • I guess the biggest change of all - we moved in together last May 2007. I was tired of my basement suite and we were spending lots of time together anyway. We ended up finding a nice little house to rent in deepest darkest Oak Bay - my faves are the two baths and the dishwasher. We've had lots of fun fixing it up to suit us and furnishing. It's nice to have a place where you really feel at home.
There's more - but that'll be in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home